Sunday, April 19, 2009

Okkervil River




When I'm sick my taste in music becomes even more questionable than it usually is. One time I listened to nothing but Asian pop for a week and a half. Another time I found my dad's old cassettes and listened a ridiculous amount of Elvis for a fortnight.

It's lucky, I suppose, that this time I came across a band that wasn't completely terrible.
For the last month I have listened to nothing but Okkervil River. I don't know how it started. I could be because I bought the Stand-Ins a few months ago. It could be because they make music that is sinus infection friendly. Or it could be because they're awesome. Either way, it's bordering on fangirl-type obsession.

Okkervil River are playing some Australian shows in May as well as the Groovin' The Moo festivals around the country. I'm not going to any of these shows due to lack of finances and age restrictions so all of you who are going have to tell me how it was and make me incredibly jelous. All the details of the shows can be found on their myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment